Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Top of My Head

There are some conversations that have happened a while back, and here I will attempt to type them up before I forget them.

Before Autumn was born, Terry and I were debating on whether Autumn was a girl or boy.  Terry wanted a boy to name Bowen (Bo for short) for obvious reasons.  During my pregnancy, Terry would continuously ask Luke and Terra if they were ready for their new brother to be born.  I insisted for Terry NOT to get the kids' hopes up for a boy, but who every listens to me?  Certainly not the man of the house!  BAH!  When Autumn was born, Luke came in to meet her for the first time.  He turned to me and said, "When is brother coming out?"  Oh, Honey...  There is no brother in Mommy's tummy.  "Oh," was the only response I had from that, but luckily he didn't seem too disappointed.

Luke had a broken toy that his father often fixed for him.  Luke turned to me: Momma, can you fix this?
Me:  No, Honey, I don't know how to fix it.  You'll have to get Daddy to fix it when he comes home from work.

Luke:  Because he's big?
Me:  Well, yes, he is big.
Luke:  So you can fix it because you're bigger than Daddy.
Me:  Thanks, Luke...
Luke:  You're welcome.

I was in my room changing Autumn's diaper.  Autumn just recently started talking baby coos and such.  At that moment, Autumn was taking that opportunity to talk to me, and I was talking back.  Luke comes in and says:  Autumn is laughing.
Me:  No, she's talking.
Luke:  Oh.  What is she saying?
Me:  I don't know, I don't speak baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment